Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Matsusaka Gion Matsuri

This past weekend we returned to my wife's hometown of Matsusaka. I was actually supposed to be participating in the Gion Matsuri on Saturday to carry one of the portable shrines (mikoshi) in the festival. Unfortunately Typhoon #4 (Manyi) came up from the Philippines and made the festival impossible.

Fortunately though, the second day we were able to complete the children's portion of the festival on Sunday. During that part of while we were busying ourselves with that a reporter from the Yukan Mie (Matsusaka's Local Newspaper) interviewed me for an article on our long relationship with the town. You can see his picture here, taking a picture of us for the paper.

Also, that Sunday night my daughter dressed in her yukata again for the Matsusaka Suzu Odori festival. All day on Sunday, in the main intersection were many dance groups putting on performances on two stages. Then, at the end of the day all of the dance groups all lined up and down the main street and danced. My daughter enjoyed it allot.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: