Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Yusuzumi Kai at Kobayashi Tenjin Yochien

Today was the big day. We attended my daughter's summer festival at her kindergarten for a special treat. My mother in law had made my daughter a yukata just for this event. Here you see her getting ready for the big day. The obi or sash was custom colored by my mother in law and the yukata was also hand made. She looked great.

After arriving we went straight to the gymnasium to see a magician do some pretty amazing stuff to get allot of 3 and 4 year old's attention. I have to admit, he was pretty good. After that all of the children were lined up outside for a group picture. A professional photographer's job is pretty tough. Especially getting all of these kids to sit still for a few seconds to get a really nice picture.

Finally, the big event of the day was the bon odori or traditional dance. All of the kids lined up and danced in the courtyard to the music and the teachers beating taiko drums. This was definitely allot of fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: