Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Date Night In Ginza

This past weekend the wife and I finally were able to have a night of our own. Anna has been able to be on her own at school and actually enjoys being away from us (weather that is good or bad, I don't know).

My wife's relatives live in Funabashi. Rie (Hiroko's dad's cousin) has helped us out from day one of arriving in Japan. Her and her husband love playing and being with Anna. So, we decided to ask if they would be willing to take care of her on Saturday night while my wife and I went into Tokyo for a date. They accepted and Anna was looking forward to it.

When I dropped Anna off with Rie I fake cried and said I would miss her. Anna just rubbed my head and said, "It's OK Daddy, you still have Mommy."

I have been planning this for a while but my wife's style is that she wants to be the one to decide where she wants to go. At first, I bought a magazine with all of the top ranked southeast asian restaurants in Tokyo. She ended up picking one from the Internet after all.

We first arrived at the Shinmaru Building right in front of Tokyo Station. This was very new and modern. Although everyone had talked about the cool restaurants in there we ended up just looking around at the huge Maruzen bookstore inside the building.

We ate at a Vietnamese Restaurant, Le Squall in the Ginza 5 building underneath the railroad tracks. The food was great. We then went out to see if we could find anyplace that served desert after 9pm. Unfortunately, we were too late to get to any of them so we headed to an area that I know, Akihabara. There we had a couple of beers at an Italian bar and then headed home.

All and all we had a really great time.

Next time I have to prepare some more. I think the next date will take up to a year and a half to plan for.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A hot date with your wife that THAT's what you wear??????

(just giving you a hard time. Glad you guys had a night out.)

Unknown said...

Hey, Hiroko picked out the shirt! We didn't want to go anywhere we had to dress up and spend too much money.

That is my Todd Jones Detroit Tigers T-Shirt. I'm pretty proud of that.

Mark