Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

American Size Shopping in Inzai

A growing trend in Japan is bigger shopping areas further away from the big cities. This is nowhere more apparent than in Inzai City. Recently they just finished a huge K's Denki (Electronics Store) right across the highway and Hokuso Railway tracks from Joyful Honda (Home Improvement, Gardening, Hobby, Crafts, and Grocery Shop).
Now, just when we thought that the biggest thing they could ever make in Japan was Joyful Honda, they are just about to build the biggest outlet mall I have ever seen, Big Hop Inzai. This is massive. There is even a 30 meter high Ferris Wheel sitting near the entrance.

My wife has quit her part time job at a restaurant in Chiba New Town (Shi-Rokuji-chu) and she will begin her new job at the Eddie Bauer outlet shop (At Big Hop Inzai) in mid September.

Big Hop Inzai is located on the south side of the Hokuso Line Tracks right next to the exit for the Inzai Makinohara Station. The traffic in front of Joyful Honda on the weekends is already bumper to bumper. I cannot imagine how it is going to be when they finish this Gigantor of a mall at the end of September.
Also, this past Saturday my wife worked at restaurant until 2pm. During that time Anna and I headed back to the Shiroi City Pool. Again, as usual there was many people there. We had a good time though. Afterwards Anna had a long nap in the car and we ended up all eating together after I picked up my wife from her job. We had Ramen at my favorite place, Kuruma-Ya. After lunch we all had soft serve ice cream. My wife had green tea, Anna had strawberry, and I had chocolate. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: