Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Date In Tokyo 2008 and the Quest for the Fish Dish!


Last weekend the wife came all the way from Inzai to Tokyo to meet up with me and my friends at work. We had a party of 12 and we all headed to Manse in Akihabara. This is a huge restaurant with 9 floors. It is famous for its beef also.

They had a beer hall set up on the 8th floor where we all met after work. It was great for everyone to meet their wives and significant others (for those that brought them anyway).


On the next day Hiroko and I headed into Tokyo again to try Jangara Ramen (See my profile picture on the top of the page). As you can see from the picture, she was just as enthusiastic about the great noodles as I am. As I have traveled Japan to find the perfect bowl of ramen. I still always have come back to Jangara. I understand they have other locations in Tokyo. We will have to check out some more.

Next, Hiroko and I headed into Shibuya. I had to show her the famous intersection where thousands cross at every other minute. This also shows up in every movie with Tokyo. Following that, Hiroko wanted to try to make it to this laquerware store to by a "fish dish". A fish dish is a dish that is rectangular in shape that allows you to set a whole broiled fish on it. I know the picture makes the dish look square, but it is a rectangle, I swear.


In order to find the bus to get to the place we had to search for bus number 51 to Roppongi. Well, Hiroko and I have different ways of looking for things. My style is to wonder, look, observe, and avoid maps because maps make you less of a man. Hiroko did not like this style and became very angry when I walked past the bus depot map. I would have found the bus ........ eventually!

No comments: