Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Narita Airport Athletic Course




On Saturday Anna Mae and I went to this park nearby the Narita Airport. If you have ever seen the show "Sasuke", the ultimate obstacle course, then you can get a good idea of what this place is like. All of the obstacles are made of logs and rope and spread out through the forest for a total of 50,000 square meters of pure fun for kids and big kids. I think my sister would become quickly addicted to this place.


The best part of the obstacles was the cable swing that took you from up on a high hill down, across a small pond to the other side where there was someone there to catch you. They also had small cabins and a well all connected with dirt tunnels in the hills underneath the forest. All much like the dream playground you wanted in your back yard as a kid. You definitely want to wear clothes you are willing to get very dirty.


They had one part of the park where you go into this huge hole called the ogre's stomach. There you can get yourself out by the ropes (the wimps way) or you can get out the cool way like I did. Well.... sort of cool. I started running around the bottom of the hole and got enough speed to run out. However, there was a tree in the way at the end of the run at the top of the hole that I fell into. There was another father looking on. I had to try to maintain my cool and not lead on that my head felt like I just cracked it open. Luckily no concussion.

No comments: