Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Craft Day at Kobayashi Tenjin

Today, I was able to attend Anna's kindergarten to participate in the parent/student craft day. My wife had done many of these before but, since I was able to get the day off work, I was able to see this one too.

Today they made a decoration for the Hina Matsuri. Hina Matsuri is the girls festival held during the month of February. Homes typically display traditional Japanese dolls showing the prince and princess and thier court. We have a couple of small ones that we display in our home. Some of the other displays you see are huge and very expensive. You can see my blog entry from last year talking more about the Hina Matsuri.

In her craft today she made a little prince and princess out of a half of a toilet paper rolls and hung them in the middle of a ring decorated with flowers. After the glue dries, she will bring it home to display with her other Hina Matsuri dolls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: