Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Disturbing Anpanman


Here in Japan there is one cartoon character that has been consistently the most popular amongst 2 to 4 year olds for many years. He is known as Anpanman (Sweet Bean Paste Bun Man).


In addition, one of the most disturbing movies that I have ever seen has to be Hannibal with Ray Liotta and Anthony Hopkins. The one scene that still gives me nightmares has to be where Hannibal is eating Ray Liotta's brain.


After coming here to Japan, my daughter immediately started liking Anpanman. In most scenes he offers up a piece of his sweet bean paste bun to his friends. Whenever I see this it brings shivers up my spine thinking about the scene from Hannibal.
Here in the picture is a small figurine of Anpanman where he is giving you a piece of his head. You can see the sweet bean paste that resembles Ray Liotta's brain here.
OK. I'm done with this post. I don't want to look at this ever again.

No comments: