Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grandma Matsusaka in Inzai!





Last weekend Hiroko's mom came to Tokyo from Matsusaka. On Saturday we went to Ginza for a display and demonstration of Japanese Calligraphy by some famous teachers from around Japan. Included in the five teachers was my mother-in-law's teacher from Matsusaka.

Each sensei showed their prowess in the art by writing Japanese poems on large canvases. I wish I had some more, hand-eye coordination so that I could try doing this. While being here for this short time though I have gotten complements on my writing from my co-workers though. Although I am only handwriting the kanji that are usually repeated in expense reports and time cards. For the most part, I use the PC. That definitely does not give you any skill to practice hand writing Japanese.

This is definitely becoming a lost art here in Japan.

No comments: