Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Nut Kills 6 near my office!

This afternoon I received an e-mail on my phone from a co-worker that there were several people stabbed outside the UDX building today. Luckily, it is Sunday here and I was at home. Apparently, this nut was unhappy about his sorry life and decided to drive from Shizuoka to Tokyo to stab several people in the area. Right now reports are that 7 people are dead among the 18 people injured. The picture of the person laying down by the sign is the nut job himself.




The victims were apparently stabbed while waiting in line at the McDonald's I buy my lunch at every other day. This seems to be a trend here in Japan. There was another incedent like this just a couple of months ago in Ibaraki prefecture.

Unbelievably scary day today. I'm glad I don't work on Sundays.

2 comments:

Stan said...

I was actually walking around in that area with my friends from out of town a week earlier. (they were visiting and I met up with them in Tokyo) Strangely enough we had a conversation about violent crimes in Japan versus the states. Looking back at it, it was especially freaky when I told them about the higher incidence of knife crimes.

Unknown said...

Stan,

You are absolutely right. With recent news stories around the world you could say that no place is really comepletely safe.