Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Miura in Choshi City






Yesterday we visited the city of Choshi on the coast of Chiba Prefecture. Here are the coordinates for Google Earth.


35 44' 00.99" N

140 50' 19.25" E


The coordinates above are for where we had lunch. A great restaurant called Miura. If you look across the street on Google Earth you will see where the fishing boats dock to bring in the day's catch. Miura gets the fish right from the boats. Whenever I'm back in the States people always want to tell me about this or that great sushi place. I would defy them to find anyplace where you could find fresher sushi than this place in Choshi City. Above are some pictures of the place and the fish they sell on the street in front of the restaurant.


My wife and I had Aji no Tataki Don (Horse Mackerel Cut into small slices over rice with a touch of ground ginger to be mixed with soy sauce and poured over top) and Fish Tempura. It was just about the best lunch I've had here since eating at Ebi Maru in Ise.












No comments: