Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Natto = Vile


Yesterday I was in a rush at Moriya station to buy some lunch. I had to catch our company's bus to our Tech Center in 5 minutes and so I jumped into a conbini (Convienence Store) and bought a couple of onigiri and a pack of five sushi maki's. I had looked at the label and saw "kimu chi" written in katakana and ingnored the rest of the kanji.

Later that afternoon when I sat down in a meeting room with one of my co-workers to eat my lunch, I bit down into the roll and to my shock, it had natto inside mixed with kim chee. I had to get something quick to wash this taste out of my mouth.

For those of you who don't know, Natto was developed by someone who left some soybeans in a barrel and they spoiled. At some point in the near future this person ran out of food and thought they should try whatever was left in the barrel. Much like the first person to look at a cow and decide that they will try whatever comes out of the pink teet, this person began to eat these beans that were stuck together with a snot like substance and smelled like feet.

This is what I bit down into. Yuck.

1 comment:

Michael R. Merlino II, Esq. said...

Hi Mark:

this is a great idea! I will check it often and leave you comments

Mike