Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day 2007

Today for father's day we spent the day at home and brought out the barbecue grill for a family party. What was really nice is that the son of the family next door to ours is a wonderful pianist. He plays Jazz and classical piano for most of the day. At first, we thought it was someone playing a CD until we heard him make a little mistake, then we knew it was for real. At night, for dinner, we always leave the side window open to let the music come into our house. They must be the best neighbors in the world.

Also, my daughter has been on her best behavior for some time now and it is starting to get hotter everyday. I decided to get her another pool. She and I played in the pool until my wife came back from the store with the meat and noodles to fry on the grill. Here she is holding her watermelon beach ball while wearing her stunning watermelon bikini.

About the grill, I had always thought that I was a master griller. Unfortunately, I could not admit this to myself but, back in the USA I could always get the fire going but I would always use to way too much lighter fluid and put the steaks on too soon. As a result, our steaks always had that slight petrol flavor to them. Here in Japan I've decided to try to go natural and leave the lighter fluid out of the equation. Unfortunately after several sheets of paper and an inability to get the fire going, my lovely wife came out to save the day with some corn oil and her special paper techniques. She was able to bail me out today. Thanks Pooky!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful Father's Day! I love that picture of you and Hiroko.
Happy Father's Day bro.... you deserve it.
I love you.
M

Unknown said...

Thanks Melis!

We had a great time. Waiting for the we are now waiting for the Merlino's to make thier way to the land of the rising sun.

Mark