Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Grandma Goes Back to The USA!

Today we took my Mom back to Narita Airport to say good bye for a while. My mom is always very nervous about flying. Her flight was at 3:30 in the afternoon but we left the house at 10:30am. In the pictures you can see that Mom was visibly nervous when she saw the line at the Delta counter. She was really spooked from the last time she came here and we were caught in a massive traffic jam in Narita. The date was the "Coming of Age" day and there were allot of 20 year olds going to Narita-san to have their ceremony.

This month went by way too quick. Being here and getting into the "Salaryman" lifestyle I think was a little different for Mom. There were a couple of times where my superiors wanted me to have a few drinks after work. Although I don't come home as late as other husbands here, I did come home pretty late on those days. Also, while she was here my company had two "Working Saturdays" that I had to take off while she was here. I had hoped to take more time off to do stuff but this month has been extremely busy.

With the rain in Shimoda, that trip was kind of a disappointment but seeing Gyokusenji and the first American Embassy in Japan was great. Also, I think that she got to see the blooming of the cherry blossoms around Japan during this time made her trip all worth while. The Cherry blossoms at the Kobayashi Bokujo have all but fallen from their branches now. Mom, however, got to see them when they were just budding out until they went to full bloom. I don't think that there are many places in the states where you can see a full fledged pink tunnel.

This year we hope to get everything settled back in the USA and make a trip to Atlanta to see Mom, my sister, and everyone.

Love You Mom. I miss you already!

No comments: