Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ueno Zoo Panda Dies


When my daughter and I visited Ueno Zoo a couple of weeks ago we were very fortunate to be able to see Ling-Ling, the giant panda there. This morning's news was very sad though. Just as I had thought, he did not seem too well when we were there. It has to be very hard to live out your last years inside a glass box where people snap photos of you every time you look over your shoulder.

When we were there the guards would tell people to turn off the flash. Unfortunately there are dolts that refuse learn how to use their camera and just keep flashing away. You could see the panda flinch every time someone would flash him. This is about the best picture I could get.

It's just a sad way to go.

No comments: