Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kamagaya Park and My Daughter's Bento

This past Sunday we had a picnic at Kamagaya Park located right along the Hokuso Line Railway. This is the railway I take to and from work each day. We had a good time eating the bento lunch that my wife made in the morning. They also had some cool electric cars that the kids could ride for 50yen. In the middle of the park they had a real Japanese Zero. It was colored yellow. I don't think they were that color during the war. It certainly would have made an easy target.

Also, at the park I had a chance to watch a game of older guys playing baseball. It was Funabashi vs. Ichikawa. I was able to watch untill the 6th inning. One thing I realized in Japan, they are very, very serious about their baseball. In the USA we have softball leagues that are basically excuses for drinking beer. In Japan they play for real. This is fast pitch baseball with the uniforms and everything. It was allot of fun to watch.

On Tuesday this week my wife took a picture of the bento lunch that she makes for my daughter. You can see the little Hello Kitty fish sausage and the bunny made out of rice. It has carrots for eyes and dried seaweed for a mouth and nose. My wife recently heard from the mother of one of my daughter's friends that since she was getting a cute bento lunch each day, she was now having to do the same for her daughter.

Thus we have begun the "Cute Bento War". Now my daughter's friend comes to school with her Little Mermaid lunch box. I hope my wife can pull it together and come out on top.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm rooting for Hiroko...
GO BENTO MAMA!!!

Unknown said...

For me, she'll always be the number one bento mama in my heart.