Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Trip to a Capsule Hotel

On Friday I attended a meeting in Nagoya and went out drinking with the sales staff there. Knowing that I would not make the last train back to Tokyo that night, I decided to stay at a capsule hotel. I stayed at the Wellbe Hotel at Nagoya station right next to the Meitetsu department store.


Here is the link to the Wellbe Hotel in Nagoya.


I had my last couple of beers with the Kacho at a bar near the station and made my way across the street to the fourth floor above a McDonald's. Right away you take off your shoes and lock them in a special shoe locker that you get a key for when you check in at the front desk. They give you a wrist strap with your main locker key attached to that.


I then went to my locker, took off my clothes and took the small towel from there to the big ofuro room. I washed up and soaked in the bath for a while and then headed out to find some pretty nice pajamas waiting outside. From there I headed back to my locker took, took out my contacts and went to find my capsule.
The capsule was actually larger than I had thought it would be. It had a little TV and an earphone so that you would not disturb your other bunk mates. I had thought it might be pretty noisy with all the drunkards coming from the bars to sleep there but the whole place was completely silent. Don't get me wrong, the place had allot of guests. It's just that everyone adhered to the keep quiet rule. That was surprisingly nice.
The bed was a pretty thin mattress and not the easiest place to sleep but I did manage to get a few hours of sleep.
The next morning I woke up, took another shower and bath, charged my phone, and watched TV. After about an hour I left the hotel refreshed and ready for the trip back to Tokyo.

All in all I think that this was a good experience. I would definitely do this again if I was to miss the last train coming back home. At 4500 yen for a one night stay it beats a 20,000 yen plus taxi ride back home.

No comments: