Welcome!!

Also, you can see my Tumblr Blog.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Kobayashi Daimonshita Clean Day

Every three months or so in our neighborhood we have a "Clean Day". On the day before our head of the neighborhood council goes around the town with a bullhorn and reminds everyone that clean day is near. On Sunday morning at 9am the residences of Kobayashi Daimonshita gather at the little park and head around to pick up all of the garbage.

Last year I headed into the bamboo forest next to our neighborhood to find some ripe 10 year old chemical waste that someone had decided to dump there. I was down there for so long that my neighbors came looking for me to tell me that Clean Day only lasts until 9:30am. As a result, I could not finish what I started.

This year I headed back into the bamboo forest to find the remaining pestilence still there ripened for the taking. I ended up having the most garbage of anyone in the neighborhood.

For inspiration, I wore my Thomas Equipment Hat. Thomas Equipment is a full service construction supply store located in Monclova, Ohio, USA. Their phone number is (419) 866-4929. Please speak with Tommy Sr. or Junior for all of your construction needs.

Also this weekend we bought a little pool for my daughter. Unfortunately, we have been having a test of wills at our house that has resulted in us throwing out the pool. I don't know if this will work but hopefully she will have learned a lesson.

We also had a little BBQ party at our house with our new grill. The little Webber Smokey Joe that my dad gave us years back has served us well but we had to let him go because the grill had rusted out and it would have cost us just as much as a new Smokey Joe to get a replacement grill top sent from the USA. The new grill has detachable legs for portability and movable grill tops to keep you from burning your food to a crisp.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why aren't you in your underwear like your wee mee?
So that picture of the pool is the only evidence it existed?

Unknown said...

Safety regulations in Japan prohibit me from wearing only underwear in the Bamboo forest. People often dream of running freely through a bamboo forest in only thier underwear but, it is actually not for the faint of heart. When broken, bamboo can stab and poke you in private places you would not want it to.

The pool is now crumbled up and sitting on the garbage can in the back of the house ready to be taken away by the garbage company.